[WEB4LIB] RE: What's good design? :-)

Melody Danley danleym at sls.lib.il.us
Fri Mar 23 14:12:34 EST 2001

I don't know of any studies but it would be interesting to read them if
they're out there. However, when considering the issues of buttons, eye strain
from long term viewing wouldn't be the issue since the user doesn't expect to
be there long.

We're in the process of a redesign and a big issue is making sure the
important basic info and buttons fit on the user's screen without scrolling.
That's asking a lot when there's so much they want on there. A constant
complaint in the committee meetings while looking at various websites was the
size of the type on the buttons, and readability due to color choices and
reverses.

Melody

--
Melody Danley