[WEB4LIB] Edit with? What?

Daniel Messer dmesser at yvrls.lib.wa.us
Thu Jun 28 10:16:51 EDT 2001

"Masters, Gary E" <GEM at CDRH.FDA.GOV> said:

> For some reason, my IE "Edit with" command now takes me to Go Live and not
> Front Page.  I ought to know how to change it back, but don't.  Can someone
> give me a hint or more?  Do I have to reinstall FP?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gary

If it's what I think it is, this is just another example of a Windows programme taking over for you on a programme because it thinks you would like that. Never mind that these programmes rarely ask if that's what you want. If it's just a case where it won't open the proper editor do this:

1) Open a folder, any folder will do.

2) On the menu bar at the top of all Windows folders select View -> Folder Options

3) From the box that pops up click the File Types tab and it will give you a long list of files and the programmes they are associated with.

4) Select HTML Document from the list.

5) Click the Edit button over to the right.

6) Another box will pop up. It should have two things under the Actions part, Open and Edit. Double click on Edit.

7) One final box will pop up and you can enter the path to FP under the box labeled "Application used to perform action".

I hope that helps! Then again, that might not be your exact problem, but it's worth a shot!

Good luck!
Dan

--
Mondai wa