Edit with? What?

David Tristano davidt at mathforum.com
Thu Jun 28 10:13:23 EDT 2001

You probably have to change the file type associations, and I'm assuming
Windows here...

1. Open the windows explorer.
2. From the 'view' menu, select 'folder options'
3. On the box that pops up, select the tab 'file types'

[Now you have to find the file type that you want to edit with Front
Page from the huge list, which is a royal pain because they're
identified by cute names.  If you click on a name, you'll see the
associated file extension(s) such as .html, .htm .shtml etc...]

4. Select the file type you want to be editing, then click the 'Edit'
button
5. In the next box that pops up select the action you wish to change,
which in your case is 'edit'
6. Then click the 'Edit' button below that
7. Yet another box pops up where you choose the application you wish to
use when editing, which you'll want to change to Front Page.
8. To do this use the browse button to find your installation of front
page, which will be something like 'C:/program files/claris/etc...'

Good luck,

David Tristano
Developer
The Math Forum