Software Programs to Assign Internet Computers

BEACHBUMSU at aol.com BEACHBUMSU at aol.com
Fri Jun 22 15:34:18 EDT 2001

Hello:

I am writing to ask if any public library has been
using a software program to assign patrons to Internet
computers.  If you have, could you please e-mail me
about the program.  Tell me about your successes and/or
problems with the program.

We have been trying to manually manage the sign-up by
handing out numbered cards and keeping track of the
time.  This system is no longer feasible with the large
numbers coming in to use the Internet.  We need to find
some way that is practical, efficient, and requires
little supervision by staff.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Sincerely,

Susan mason
smason at sarasota.lib.fl.us