[WEB4LIB] visibility in netscape and IE

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Thu Jun 21 08:50:07 EDT 2001

> Our web site is in a major revamp this year and as a start, I have
created a
> new design for the mainpage. I have successfully uploaded our newly
designed
> main page in our server created a temporary link on this. But I have a
> problem, the link is visible only in Internet Explorer and not in
Netscape.
> I couldn't understand why. The tags seems to be okay. Can anyone out
there
> help me with this please? The temporary link is on:
> http://ricelib.irri.cgiar.org/screens/main.html

Unique images: 76
Total images: 165
Total bytes: 57126

I didn't appear in IE either for quite a while! :->

You should start by tightening up the table tagging, making sure that your
TDs and TRs are properly nested and closed.  And don't rely on tags that
seem to be okay: use a validator.  I recommend
<URL:http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/>

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu