[WEB4LIB] RE: Draft home page not usable on my IE 6

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Wed Jun 20 12:39:03 EDT 2001

Wednesday, June 20, 2001, 9:59:18 AM, you wrote:

DB>   It is important to realize that IE6 is a beta.  Would there be
DB> any complaints if my comments had been about Netscape 6?  Probably not.

Actually, yes.  I'd want to know how something looked in NS6 if I were
seeking input.  In fact, when I asked for comments on the FP2002
produced photo album, I was glad to get a couple comments on NS6, as
well as at least one browser I'd never even heard of. (Must be because
I'm off here in the deserts of Idaho).  I don't think NS6 will be what
IE6 will be in terms of popularity (or perhaps anything else...but
don't mean that as flame bait), but I'd still want to know.

Most important, if I've asked for input from folks and haven't very
carefully defined my limits on desired input (i.e. "don't tell me
'bout no darn beta junk"), I'd certainly not complain about the input
that someone took the time and effort to send me.  If I chose to
silently ignore it, fine.  But I'd sure not complain about the people
who were trying to help.

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA