[WEB4LIB] Re: Problematic Sites

Gimon, Charles A cagimon at mplib.org
Wed Jun 20 09:54:10 EDT 2001

Sometimes it actually is our fault, if we're having DNS or routing problems.
Over here at the moment, we're having routing problems that prevent me from
getting to Slashdot (that may be a good thing...) In the past, we have had
issues with accessing State of Minnesota tax forms--annoying for staff as
well as the public.

In some cases, it may be worthwhile to document problems with certain sites
and bring them to the attention of your network administrator. Even a simple
"I have no trouble getting to this site from home, but I can't access it
from work" can be a start.

Your use policy would cover issues like this just as well, of course.

--Charles Gimon
  Web Coordinator
  Minneapolis Public Library