[WEB4LIB] Re: The beginning of the end for the Netscape Brows

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Mon Jun 11 14:20:34 EDT 2001

Monday, June 11, 2001, 8:14:43 AM, you wrote:
TR> Whenever I set up a new computer and click on the big
TR> blue "e", I get an "Internet Connection Wizard".  Part
TR> of that wizard prompts me to create an e-mail account.
TR>  Installing Netscape, I do a custom install and
TR> uncheck the box that sets messenger as my default
TR> e-mail system.  In short, I think either company would
TR> take over if they could.

However, this isn't unique to NS and MS.  Everybody does it with any
piece of software you install, including shareware and some freeware.
Whether you're dealing with graphics, MP3s, streaming audio, word
processing, or anything else I can think of, you can assume that in
most cases the associations with file extensions will be changed,
usually without asking you if you want them changed.  Some software
will ask you if you want them changed back, which is nice.

cheers

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA