[WEB4LIB] Another SSI question

Chris Deweese chrisd at lcls.org
Mon Jun 11 12:53:17 EDT 2001

Hello,

The question about the JavaScript SSI reminded me of something.  I started using SSI for all our menus/footers etc.  In the footer of each page we have a date last updated field, this one uses one of the front page functions (yes I know, thats getting changed next :) ).  Anyhow, the date modified is only reflecting the date the include file was modified and not the page that the include file is referenced on.  Does anyone know a way around that?

I schemed up a one way, but that would require me to convert my whole site to ASP which is not the way I want to go to fix such a small problem.  I would like to avoid the client side stuff, cause I do not trust my clients :)

Thanks in advance

Chris Deweese
Webmaster
Lewis & Clark Library System