[WEB4LIB] Re: The beginning of the end for the Netscape Brows

Thomas Reddick libtechguy at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 11 10:07:59 EDT 2001

Whenever I set up a new computer and click on the big
blue "e", I get an "Internet Connection Wizard".  Part
of that wizard prompts me to create an e-mail account.
 Installing Netscape, I do a custom install and
uncheck the box that sets messenger as my default
e-mail system.  In short, I think either company would
take over if they could.  That's what companies do.  I
agree that we should design for standards rather than
for one browser or another.  That is the best answer;
not to promote one comapny over another, but to
support open standards.  Netscape and a variety of
other browsers have become the rebel anti-Microsoft
standards, but they would trade places with Microsoft
in a skinny minute.

> I want my e-mail to
> be a separate program from my browser.  IE allows
> that, Netscape want to
> take over. As far as designing for one browser over
> another,  that is pure
> foolishness.
>
> Bill Drew
> drewwe at morrisville.edu

=====
If PacMan had affected us as kids,
 we'd be running around in dark rooms,
munching pills and listening to electronic music.
--  author unknown.
Thomas M. Reddick
Automation Services Coordinator
Northeast Kansas Library System