[WEB4LIB] Re: "Pop-under" ads on the web

Audrey Kelly AKelly at lva.lib.va.us
Fri Jun 8 09:38:27 EDT 2001

We first noticed the "pop-under" ad for the X-10 camera during a training
session. And tried to ignore it, since we weren't sure what was in the
browser window.  We were successful until one of the library staff said "Why
is there a belly button on the screen in that other window you haven't
opened?"

Turns out it wasn't actually a belly button, rather it was part of the hand
that is holding the tiny camera.  But for about 5 minutes I was pretty
certain we had some kind of "inappropriate" content up on the projection
screen on the wall for an entire class to see ;-)

Audrey

~~~
Audrey M. Kelly, Technology Consultant
Library of Virginia