[WEB4LIB] RE: Draft home page not usable on my IE 6

Darryl Friesen Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
Tue Jun 19 22:55:44 EDT 2001

> DB> I thought IE6 was still a beta release.  I have many people telling me
that
> DB> our test page does not display correctly in in IE6.  I thought there
are
> DB> still CSS problems with IE6.  Just wondering (and whining about people
> DB> testing  the page with a beta version of a browser).

> I test pages with the browser I run.  That's IE6.  I don't have any
> other browsers except a funky old NS4.x, which I've probably not
> opened in a few months.  Considering the popularity of betas,
> especially this one, I'd think that testing a site in them would be a
> GOOD thing, not a bad one.
>
> I'll also say that I've had NO problems with this IE6 since the day I
> got it, and it has hit hundreds of different sites, if not thousands.

I'll second Dan's comments.  And from what I've read (and found in practice)
is that IE6 is _more_ standards aherent.  Which leads me to my next comment.
Perhaps the problems we're seeing are not only CSS related, but HTML
related.  I ran it through the W3C validator and found quite a few
(serious?) errors.

- Darryl

  Darryl Friesen, B.Sc., Programmer/Analyst    Darryl.Friesen at usask.ca
  Education & Research Technology Services,     http://gollum.usask.ca/