PWB and slowness

Frances W. Levin FranL at rpl.lib.ar.us
Tue Jun 19 16:30:05 EDT 2001

We have been experimenting with PWB on our machines.  For the most part it
is working fine.  On 7 of the machines however it seems to slow them to a
crawl.  They respond so slowly that the public can not see that they are
working. They are frustrating everyone, including the staff. These
computers are Pentium I's from a few years ago.  Is it just the age and
speed of the machines that is the problem?  Is there anything we can do
other than removing Public Web Browser from these machines?

Frances W. Levin, Assistant Director
Rogers Public Library
711 S. Dixieland Road
Rogers, AR 72758-4033