Convey Systems

Terence Sebright tsebright at mail.flint.tec.ga.us
Tue Jun 5 17:42:38 EDT 2001

Does anyone know what the astute questions to ask a representative from
Convey Systems about their "virtual-reference interattion software" might
be?

I have no personal experience in "virtual reference", but I know that
web4libbers are out there on the edge, daring to forge ahead.  Central
administration for our system of technical colleges sees a need to
investigate the possibilities afforded by this technology, and when a
meeting takes place with these company reps, I want to be able to contribute
substantially to the conversation.

Concerns I see, based on working in the field a while, center around
training and ese of user orientation to procedures and technical issues.
This sort of softwre has to e VERY EASY to use for the "library user" and
library staff working in this environment need lots of training.

I have lurked on this list for a year, and have received a great deal of
invaluable informaiton as a result.  Thanks in advance for any information
anyone wants to share.

Terence F. Sebright, Ph. D.
Director of Library, Media & Institutional Research
Flint River Technical College
1533 Highway 19 South
Thomaston, GA 30286-4752
Phone:  706-646-6173