Preserving formatting when pasting a Word 2000 document into Frontpage 2000

Chizuko Kawamoto ckawamoto at cdpr.ca.gov
Tue Jun 5 12:11:18 EDT 2001

This question has been answered by well-qualified responders.  However, if your database allows you to customize reports, you can significantly save your time by creating the "New Books" list from the database, instead of typing it in Word.  We use Inmagic DB/TextWorks, but cannot afford WebPublisher.  So, I search the database monthly with "received date" and write a report to a file which is pre-sorted and includes all necessary html codes.  I save the report file as a htm file to the server.  After the initial investment of my time to customize the report five years ago, our "New Books" list is updated taking less than two minutes.

Chizuko Kawamoto,  Supervising Librarian
CA Dept. of Pesticide Regulation
ckawamoto at cdpr.ca.gov