[WEB4LIB] Article - "Post-Tasini: Pity the Librarians"

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Fri Jun 29 10:03:39 EDT 2001

I think the effect on libraries and users has been greatly exaggerated.  How
many libraries actually have access to the New York Times beyond ten years
ago?  It was ten years ago, from what I understand, that NYT started
including electronic redistribution n their agreements.  Most of the NY
Times we access is the last 90 days.  The rest we have on microfilm or in
print.  I do think its stupid that the NY Times does not come to an
agreement with its writers instead of deleting information..  The indexing
will still be in the databases any way.

Bill Drew