[WEB4LIB] The Copyright War

Charles P. Hobbs chhobbs at cdrewu.edu
Thu Jun 14 16:04:48 EDT 2001

Roy Tennant wrote:

> I usually refrain from announcing my own publications,

But this is a good, relevant article, so I (for one) don't mind...

> but I'm making
> an exception in this case because I specifically cite a discussion
> that took place on Web4Lib regarding my assertion that copyright as
> we know it is "dead".

I wrote (in another forum) that it's *dying* (but not "dead"). The whole Napster
controversy is one side (technology weakening copyright); while the E-books
and such are another (technology strenghtening copyright through access
controls, etc.)

--
Charles P. Hobbs
King Drew Health Science Library