[WEB4LIB] RE: SirCam Virus

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Wed Jul 25 09:48:57 EDT 2001

Nancy,

>From the Datafellows site:

"The worm uses Windows Address Book to collect e-mail addresses ('*.wab files). The worm also tries to look for e-mail addresses in \Temporary Internet Files\ folder ('sho*', 'get*', 'hot*', '*.html'). If a user has a working e-mail account the worm reads the its setting. Otherwise the '[username]@prodigy.mx.net' is
used as the default sender's address and 'prodigy.net.mx' is used for the SMTP server name. The worm has its own SMTP engine and it sends out messages using this engine. "

The entire description is here:

http://www.datafellows.com/v-descs/sircam.shtml

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician