Dialog Select Interface

Masters, Gary E GEM at CDRH.FDA.GOV
Wed Jul 25 09:15:08 EDT 2001

I am doing a rather extensive project to accommodate changes in our Dialog
Select search page(s) since our new contract has several of the major
databases left out.    That was a policy decision and is not one I can
question.  But the work is significant.  Right now, the major problem is to
match the databases we want our clients to use to the pre made search pages
and to write custom pages for the ones that are not in the pre made pages.
Dialog has about 200 pre made pages.  (Some include databases we don't get,
and that is another problem.)

Now this is probably not a general problem - I don't know how many use
Dialog Select as an Internet product, our use is on an Intranet.  Some tell
me that they are going directly to databases and not through Dialog.  But
people like a common search format where they can search multiple databases
and remove duplicates.  But if anyone has questions or solutions, they may
want to contact me directly.

Just an idea of how they are doing the process will help, as I am wading in
deep mud at times.

Thanks,

Gary

Gary E. Masters