[WEB4LIB] Re:taking prisoners in the e-book war

Heinrich C. Kuhn hck at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Jul 24 07:25:45 EDT 2001

rich at richardwiggins.com wrote i.a.:
> That logic
[...]

> I bet the Russian programmer had a pretty good idea he was
> violating DMCA.

Whether he had or whether he hadn't to me (non-US-person) seems
to be far less relevant than whether he did what he did on
US soil or somewhere else.

> As to the reach of international law, where you stand
> depends on where you sit.

Perhaps. See the next sentence of this mail ... [:-)] ....

To probably most of us "outsiders" to the US (and, I admit,
quite a number of "insiders") there is a difference between
*international* law and *US* law (like the DMCA).

That might affect the logical consequences drawn ... .

Best regards

Heinrich C. Kuhn