[WEB4LIB] RE: Blocking email, the complaint

cruby cruby at micron.com
Tue Jul 17 16:26:25 EDT 2001

Just a bit of trivia on this thread...

I did a little digging around on Dow Jones Interactive to see what I could
find on either ORBS or CompuSystem, Inc.  What I found makes me think Dan
Lester's list is nothing like what ORBS was trying to do.  There isn't a
whole lot of information but basically ORBS was an anti-spam site that
apparently went a little overboard in its zeal and that is where they got in
trouble.

I found very little information on CompuSystem, Inc.  It is apparently a
computer store based in Washington, MO, small town about 30 or 40 miles from
St. Louis.  The 1998 article I found said, at that time, CompuSystem was a
2,000 square foot store with 10 employees (but it didn't indicate if they
were full or part time).  I looked at the CompuSystem website and found it
interesting that, if you want to contact them via e-mail, the address is
yahoo at csimo.com.  Makes me wonder about the professionalism of the company.
But then the little information I found made me wonder about Joe Wolf too...

If you want the cites for the articles I found, let me know and I will be
happy to send them.

Carolyn

Carolyn Ruby
Micron Technology