Interlibrary Loan Automation question

Christopher Adams chris.a.adams at state.or.us
Fri Jul 13 18:11:41 EDT 2001

We have many patrons who choose to send us faxes or emails of citations
that they have gathered from various databases that they have searched.
We have tried to funnel them through our web form that connects with the
ILL software Clio Request. Essentially, Clio Request accepts email
through a web form and inputs it into a review file for eventual
submission to OCLC for final request. However, there are some that don't
like keying in the information, one request at a time, in a web form.
They prefer to cut and paste the whole list into an email or send a fax,
which really defeats the purpose of Clio Request.

Has anyone out there in the ILL world that is using Clio Request (or
not) figured out a way to deal with this. I am thinking of other text
parsing methods (Perl, Java, etc) or other ways to modify the form or
Clio Request to accomodate these people and make our lives easier. If
you have scripts that parse multiple citations or somehow break up a
large request into invidual requests mapped to specific fields, I would
like to talk with you.

Anyone who has ideas or past practices or other contacts, please send
them my way. Thanks.

--
Christopher Adams
Oregon State Library