[WEB4LIB] Waco, Ruby Ridge...hoo boy!

Blake Carver btcarver at lisnews.com
Thu Jul 12 15:37:01 EDT 2001

Judith Platt has responded on her radical librarian remarks.

"The last thing that I intended was to anger or alienate the library
community. I value them as friends, colleagues and allies in the fight for
free expression and literacy. If publishers and librarians don't always see
eye-to-eye on copyright issues, we've been able to seek workable compromises
in the past, and we have every expectation of doing so in the digital
environment.
I was quoted completely out of context ZDNet news article.

more here:

http://www.lisnews.com/article.php3?sid=20010712121412

Blake Carver
LISNews.com