[WEB4LIB] Re: flash image on our home page

Tony Barry me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
Fri Jul 6 22:52:58 EDT 2001

At 2:45 PM -0700 5/7/01, rich at richardwiggins.com wrote:
>Let's turn this on its head.  I propose a simple convention:  "The"
>real home page for an institution should be:
>
>   www.institution.org
>
>The Flashmeisters can do their bidding at:
>
>   flash.institution.org
>
>In other words, make the spare, modem-friendly,
>needs-no-proprietary-players version the default -- not the other
>way around.  Those who need Flash will know where to find it.

Better still have the home page at www.institution.org and the flash
version at www.institution.org/flashindex.html with a link to it with
a description like

	"animated version of this page which is slow to load
	and offers no additional information but we think looks
	very pretty. It will not work in all browsers"

Tony
--
phone  +61 2 6241 7659
mailto:me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au