[WEB4LIB] Closing a browser window without a pop-up confirm?

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Mon Jul 2 10:37:23 EDT 2001

Carol,

The pop-up warning is a deliberate behavior and part of the browser's
security model.  Otherwise, anyone could create a web page with
Javascript code that could deliberately shut down your browser.
Netscape 4 did support a method of bypassing the security model but I
don't know of a way to do that in IE 5.5.  How were you looking to use
this close method?  There might be other ways to accomplish the same
thing without using Javascript.

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library