[WEB4LIB] Re: flash image on our home page

Blake Carver btcarver at lisnews.com
Thu Jul 5 13:25:20 EDT 2001

That's true, but sometimes it doesn't hurt to add a little "flash", in this
case "flash" doesn't necessarily mean Flash, but any number of nice
graphical elements, or just a nice design. It creates a good impression on
users (students, librarians, administrators, people who control your budget,
etc...).
Why look like a boring old library, if you don't have to, just don't over do
it.
It's all about balance, and knowing your users.
What you think users need (W3C compliant, accessible, quick) Vs. What will
keep people coming back (a nice looking and usable site).

For example, I know all my users just LOVE the bright orange that burns
their retinas when they visit LISNews.
Which reminds me, I really need to change that one of these days...
Blake Carver
LISNews.com
http://www.lisnews.com
Librarian and Information Science News