[WEB4LIB] Re: flash image on our home page

Tony Barry me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
Thu Jul 5 04:40:44 EDT 2001

At 4:42 PM -0700 29/6/01, Jim Rible wrote:
>We use Flash on our home page as the main interface. I find it to be
>one of the best ways to elegantly put a lot of information on one
>page.  Also, it scales according to the browser size i.e. changing
>the size of the browser window causes the entire page to shrink or
>expand.  Check it our at http://www.sou.edu/library

Fortunately you also have http://www.sou.edu/library/indexnoflash.htm
which seems to present the same information MUCH faster.

Flash is good for games, situations where animation is mandatory, and
presentations to small children, but should be exorcised from
situations where textual methods are adequate. This means libraries
(except maybe for children's libraries).

Tony
--
phone  +61 2 6241 7659
mailto:me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au