[WEB4LIB] Re: 'blank' printouts

David Merchant merchant at LATECH.EDU
Mon Jul 23 15:06:20 EDT 2001

At 11:43 AM 7/23/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Thanks --
>But no cigar -
>It appears that Windows or IE is creating (or trying to create)
>a TEMP file - and print it --
>This file, though - is empty or null --
>so - all we get is one blank page -
>
>ANY idea where the Registry setting might be that is telling it to create
>this temp file?
>PHG

I had a similar problem with W2K with student account set to "restricted
user" and other permission settings set to keep them from cruising about
the C:drive and modifying or deleting stuff I didn't want them to mess
with.  To allow IE to create a full temp file I had to set the permissions
for C:\WINNT\Temp to explicitly allow the student account full access to
that folder (which meant adding the user "student" to the security for that
folder, "user" was not enough since I had extra security
settings/restrictions for "student" than the generic "user" had.  That
solved the printing problem for us.  YMMV of course!

TTFN,
David

Head, Systems Dept, Louisiana Tech University
merchant at latech.edu
JavaScript List Administrator (www.mountaindragon.com/javascript/)
Webmaster, HTML Encyclopedia (www.mountaindragon.com/html/)
Webmaster, Memorial Day Page: (www.usmemorialday.org/)