New and Improved LiveRef(sm)

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Mon Jul 9 11:50:39 EDT 2001

                        _New and Improved LiveRef(sm)_

   I'm pleased to announce a New and Improved LiveRef(sm)!

[ In case you do not have LiveRef(sm) bookmarked [:-)] or at the end of your finger tips [:->], the Web address for LiveRef(sm) is

       [  http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/LiveRef.htm ] ]

In addition to a growing number of real-time digital library sites, I've added

    * a core bibliography of relevant articles, reports, news reports, etc.
       about real-time reference services, many linked to the full-text!

    * entries for other real-time digital reference services registries
    * entries for other  real-time digital reference services  bibliographies

     * entries for conferences and workshops, and surveys and comparison

     * a link to a knowledge base [an emerging trend and one of my research
       projects for 2002] [:->]  For More: KBL(sm): A Registry of Library Knowledge Bases
    [  http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/KBL.htm ]

   These complement current entries for real-time digital reference technologies
and electronic discussion lists.

    As time permits,  I will be adding a number of libraries that are now using Virtual Reference Desk Software (LSSI) as well as the 24x7 participants, and entries for papers from the VRD 1999 and 2000 Conferences
[  http://www.vrd.org/conf-train.shtml ] in the General Bibliography

     Suggestions for additional sites, citations, sources, etc., are Always Welcome!

   Regards,

Gerry McKiernan
New and Improved Librarian
Iowa State University