PicoSearch [was: Column on HTML Editors]

Noah Abrahamson noah at wayne.edu
Mon Jul 9 11:50:18 EDT 2001

On 2001/07/09 11:25, "web4lib at webjunction.org"

> A slight tangent: Pico has a very nice free (if your site's not too big)
> search engine that shows the context of the search terms on the links.

Pico and PicoSearch [viz <http://www.picosearch.com/>] are totally
unrelated.

We use PicoSearch on our site [viz <http://www.lib.wayne.edu/> and select
"Search this Website" from the menubar].

They offer educational discounts; 1 year contract is (if I remember
correctly) $100.  They offer web-based administration and customization.  I
highly recommend it.

On the topic of (non-WYSIWYG) editors, I highly recommend BBEdit for MacOS
(9/X) (with the TidyHTML plug-in).  It's one of the best applications ever
written for the platform.  It has wonderful extensibility and scriptability.
It's also well integrated with MM UltraDev and InterArchy.

Noah

____
Noah Abrahamson
wsu lib sys