Column on HTML Editors - still using vi/emacs/pico

Kenneth Irwin kirwin at wittenberg.edu
Mon Jul 9 11:43:12 EDT 2001

>Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 22:26:12 -0400
>From: Blake Carver <btcarver at lisnews.com>
>Subject: Re: Column on HTML Editors
>
>Am I the only one who still uses Vi, emacs and Pico?

Nope -- I still do almost everything in emacs, vi when I have to. I avoid
pico like the plague because it breaks lines, often leading to death and
despair. (Our computing dept. once sent in a student to edit the footer on
my pages; using pico broke the lines in some important places killing some
of the server-side includes. it was ugly and widespread.)

I do own a copy of Dreamweaver and use it for some design-related issues --
what size to make a table, color schemes, etc. I like it, but I'm doing so
much php these days it doesn't come into play much. My wife actually uses
it extensively for her personal web pages and consequently knows the
software a whole lot better than i do!

Ken