[WEB4LIB] Re: Column on HTML Editors

Isabel Danforth danforth at tiac.net
Mon Jul 9 10:43:08 EDT 2001

I have been using DreamWeaver with Arachnophilia as my editor when I want
to get back to raw html.  Since most of my library staff do not know html,
and various people people are  responsible for content in their areas, I
have had them use WORD to submit content to me.

I did a workshop with those people, showing them how to create some simple
tables and to use specific headings so that I didn't get pages that were
too messy.  Those are  generally quite easy to convert and clean up to put
out there.  The person who has been doing the children's program page has
been enjoying himself a lot.  (http://russelllibrary.org/kidscal.htm)

The only problem I have had was someone who used the web wizard in WORD and
wanted to have everything formatted the way she did it using that tool.

Isabel