[WEB4LIB] Re: need technology news not business news

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Mon Jul 30 08:07:16 EDT 2001

 Thank you to Rich for saying what I was trying to say.  Even magazines like
PC World have less and less on new developments in IT and computers and more
on what company is going to be the next dot com failure.  While knowing that
type of thing is important for us systems librarians, it is screaming at us
from everywhere.   I get the e-mail edition of the New York Times everyday.
The technology section is dominated almost exclusively by business news.  I
also get several of the "free" trade journals; Interactive Week and others.
When they first started the majority of articles was on how busnesses and
others were using the new technologies of the internet.  Now again they are
dominated by what company is taking over what other company.

Sorry about this whining.

Bill Drew