locked out of "display" in control panel

Anna Loan-Wilsey Anna_Wilsey at tamu-commerce.edu
Thu Jan 4 15:00:40 EST 2001

Hi all,

I am in the process of "testing" old PCs to be used as OPAC only
workstations. Most have been in a storage closet longer than I've been here
(year and a half).  I have one that I "think" came from a computer lab
who's administrator is long gone.  It is a x486 -90 Gateway 2000 running
Win95.  My problem is that it won't let me access the Display in the
Control Panel.  I get a "your systems administrator disabled the display
control panel" message.  The Systems Policy Editor had not been installed.
I have since installed it but can't seem to override this no matter what I
do.  I've looked in several manuals/books etc. but can't seem to find
anything that works.  I'm new to Win95 systems administration. (We use
WinNT almost exclusively here)  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Anna

Anna Loan-Wilsey
Systems Librarian