[WEB4LIB] RE: headphones

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Thu Jan 4 12:25:02 EST 2001

I found headphones at Big Lots for fifty cents a pair when we were
considering selling headphones.  These looked like the headphones you
might get with a cheap walkman type radio and they worked very well.
Granted Big Lots does clearance buy outs you should be able to find some
supplier for cheap headphones a buck or less.

Thomas

Terresa Wellborn wrote:

> Instead of worrying about miscellaneous diseases that could be caught
> through shared public headphones, why not look into the possibility of
> charging patrons $1 or so to purchase their own pair of cheap headphones?
> (Next logical question: Would headphones be available for purchase at such a
> low price?  Answer: I don't know.)
>
> Currently, my library charges patrons $1 for a floppy disk, why not extend
> that to a pair of headphones?  Just a thought.
>
> --Terresa Wellborn
> Young People's Librarian
> Spring Valley Library
> LV-CC Library District
> Las Vegas, NV
>
> >From: Debra Lords <dlords at library.utah.edu>
> >To: Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at webjunction.org>
> >Subject: [WEB4LIB] RE: headphones
> >Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 14:24:07 -0800 (PST)
> >
> >If you have any open cut or sore, even very
> >minute? sure.  Even a pinprick is an acre wide to
> >a virus.  They aren't frequent.  But its
> >*extremely* hard to put earphones on without using
> >your hands.  Try it.  Headphones, scratch nose or
> >eye.  Whoops!  Got it.
> >
> >Debbie
> >
> >Bob Rasmussen wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm curious. Are there actually diseases you can catch through your
> >ears?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > > ...Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc..
> > >
> > > personal e-mail: ras at anzio.com
> > >  company e-mail: rsi at anzio.com
> > >           voice: (US) 503-624-0360 (9:00-6:00 Pacific Time)
> > >             fax: (US) 503-624-0760
> > >             web: http://www.anzio.com
> >
> >--
> >
> >Debbie

                      Rock and Rule
             Zope Rocks -- http://www.zope.org
           Python Rules  -- http://www.python.org
Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett      Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant III            University Library
bennettt at appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/webmaster/
Voice:  828 262 6587	           FAX:    828 262 3001

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine