Online exhibition query

Martin Kalfatovic KalfatovicM at sil.si.edu
Sat Jan 27 17:15:49 EST 2001

I am currently working on a book for ALA Editions on online exhibitions in libraries and archives. Topics included in the book will be exhibition planning, digitizing book/archival objects, staffing issues, design, etc.

I would like to hear from anyone who would like to comment on their experiences creating online exhibitions and who won't mind being quoted in the book! Please forward this request to any colleagues who may not hang out on WEB4LIB that are involved in online exhibition creation.

As a side note, by "exhibition" I mean presentation of objects with some narrative framework to them (not digital collections of objects such as photographs, etc.). For large selection of library and archival exhibitions of the type I am focused on, see "Library and Archival Exhibitions on the Web" by my colleague, Diane Shaw at: http://www.sil.si.edu/SILPublications/Online-Exhibitions/ (and yes, the searchable version of her list with additional access points will be available soon!). Also, if you don't find your institution's exhibitions on the list, let us know and we'll consider them for addition.

Thanks in advance,
Martin

Martin R. Kalfatovic
Digital Projects Librarian