Digitization Projects

Hillary htheyer at pacbell.net
Mon Jan 22 23:02:22 EST 2001

Greetings Everyone-

I am preparing a workshop on digitization of resources for libraries and would like some real examples of the wonderful and the terrible in digitization projects.  If you or your library system has digitized resources for the Internet, Intranet, or stand-alone workstation use, please send me the following.

1.  Where is your project?  If it's online, can I go see it? (It's O.K. if it isn't finished yet)
2.  What was your biggest mistake?  (You will remain anonomous, I promise, and I have plenty of errors to share)
3.  If you had to do it all over again, what would you do differently?

I can think of many theoretical situations libraries may find themselves in, but real ones are much much better.  I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
Hillary Theyer