Gates Computers and Internet Filters

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Fri Jan 12 11:02:34 EST 2001

OK, now before any ones sends flaming e-mails about the pro's and con's of
Internet filtering, please read my message first.

I've been asked to do a presentation on Internet filtering which is supposed to
include a discussion of Internet Filters on Gates computers.  As our library
didn't quality for the gifts from Redmond, I'm not as familiar with the goodies
that Gates has been doling out.  So, I'm specifically looking to hear from
people who have Gates computer and use some method of Internet filtering in
association with their use.  I would like to know what products you used, how
well it worked and any problems that you have encountered.  I'm most interested
in hearing about products installed on the workstation but if you are using a
proxy filter or some other method, I would like to hear from you too.

Thanks for your assistance!

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library