_LiveRef(sm): A Registry of Real-Time Digital Reference Services_

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Mon Jan 8 15:36:05 EST 2001

       _LiveRef(sm): A Registry of Real-Time Digital Reference Services_

          I am greatly interested in identifying additional real-time digital reference services for inclusiion in _LiveRef(sm), my registry of  'Real-Time Digital Reference Services'.

           _LiveRef(sm)_ is a categorized listing of libraries that offer real-time Library reference or information services using chat software, live interactive communications utilities, call center management software, Web contact center software, bulletin board services, or related Internet technologies.
LiveRef(sm) is available at:

      [http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/LiveRef.htm ]

    In addition to the categorized listings, LiveRef(sm) includes a
hotlinked list of software used to provide such services, as well as links to two of the major digital reference service e-lists.

      I am greatly interested in identifying *additional* libraries that have or are planning to implement real-time digital reference services as well as the software that is used in providing the service as candidates for future listing in LiveRef(sm).

       Over time, I plan to add a General Bibliography of key and core citations to real-time digital reference services and would be most grateful for  Any and All citations on the topic. [Here's I'm only interested in citations to real-time services or technologies] [I am aware of Bernie Sloan's excellent _DIGITAL RFERENCE SERVICES: A BIBLIOGRAPHY_ [ http://www.lis.uiuc.edu/~b-sloan/digiref.html ]]

/Gerry McKiernan
Real-Time Librarian
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011