Sony drivers for Windows ME? (on topic)

Masters, Gary E GEM at CDRH.FDA.GOV
Mon Jan 8 13:47:21 EST 2001

First, this may be off topic and I was recently reminded that no matter how
polite one is "off topic" means "off topic."  And there has been enough
minus comments on Windows ME.  If you don't like it, I agree that you have
good reason.  However, that does not solve my problem.

We are looking at cameras to take pictures for our web page.  Am testing a
Sony DSC P1 and it is great.  However, it uses a USB connection and its
drivers are for Windows 98 and Windows 2000.  Not Windows ME.  However,
Microsoft is pushing ME as the platform for digital cameras.  Microsoft has
no information and the Sony page has a "mirage" support page with most of
the items not linking to anything.

Does anyone have an idea?  Do I need a memory stick reader that will work
with ME?  Or are there drivers somewhere that I can download them?

My brother who works with SW Bell has technical advice from his corporate
staff that he should have Windows ME at home rather than Windows 2000.  I
had an idea that 2000 was better.  But not for multimedia or USB?

Thanks,

Gary

		Gary E. Masters
		Librarian (Systems)