Open Source Systems Interest Group at ALA Midwinter

Frumkin, Jeremy frumkinj at u.library.arizona.edu
Mon Jan 8 12:30:22 EST 2001

[apologies for cross-posting]

The Open Source Systems Interest Group invites you to attend and participate
in its mid-winter meeting at ALA in Washington, DC. The OSSIG meets on
Sunday, Jan. 14 from 9:30 - 11:00 am at the Washington Convention Center
(rm: Table 15)

The Agenda for the meeting is listed below. We are looking to increase our
activities, and we welcome all who are interested in participating in the
OSSIG.

Agenda:

1) ALA Annual program - update on speakers, other items pertaining
2) OSSIG Website - we need to augment what is on the official LITA site, and
perhaps maintain a separate, more interactive site (using open source
software, of course ;-)
3) Work of the OSSIG - what else can we do to promote OSS - brainstorm
session
4) Planning for LITA and future ALA annual conferences - possible programs,
workshops, etc.

-- Jeremy

Jeremy Frumkin
Digital Development / Metadata Librarian
University of Arizona Library

frumkinj at u.library.arizona.edu <mailto:frumkinj at u.library.arizona.edu>
+1 520 621-2916
+1 520 621-8276 (fax)