[WEB4LIB] PDF Muzzy Files Question

Barton Spencer jbspence at ocean.otr.usm.edu
Sat Jan 13 14:45:16 EST 2001

Hi,

I'm really glad that Joseph brought up this topic.

I would like to have .pdf files as SMALL as 150K! The process here was set
up before I took my current position so I'm approaching this problem
without some key information. Our files are routinely over 1MB, and I know
how ridiculous that is to download at home.

I would really like to see details of how libraries set up their scanning
process for electronic reserve items. (software used, hardware used, etc.)
We are currently using Adobe Acrobat Capture 3.0. I will be setting up the
electronic reserves scanning process for a remote campus soon and I would
love to set them up right!

Thanks for any information you might share,

Barton Spencer
Head, Electronic Resources Dept.
Cook Library
The University of Southern Mississippi