apache v. netscape enterprise security

Kenneth Irwin kirwin at wittenberg.edu
Fri Jan 26 10:12:25 EST 2001

Hi folks,

Can anyone tell me how Apache and Enterprise compare as far as security
goes? Our local systems folks are anti-Apache on security grounds; since
everyone else in the world seems to be pro-Apache, I figure good security
must be possible -- please tell me I'm right?

I've not actually heard much from them yet about the specifics of their
concerns -- when I meet with them next week I'd like to have some clue
about *other* people's perceptions of the relative security merits. I know
our folks haven't used Apache much, so I have a feeling that "the security
is insufficient" may really be "we aren't sure how to make it secure".

Any ideas on the general comparison or on where to get good information on
making Apache secure would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken

Ken Irwin	                            		kirwin at wittenberg.edu
Reference/Electronic Resources Librarian	(937) 327-7594
Thomas Library, Wittenberg University