[WEB4LIB] Re: PDF files and browsers

Walt_Crawford at notes.rlg.org Walt_Crawford at notes.rlg.org
Tue Jan 16 13:38:21 EST 2001

While right-clicking is certainly one way to save a PDF file, it shouldn't
be necessary. When Acrobat Reader 4 pops up on my machine, after I click on
a PDF link, there's a diskette icon on the Reader toolbar that allows me to
save the PDF file. Seems straightforward enough...if the icon is there.

It's possible that this is an addition in Reader 4.

It's also possible (maybe even probable) that publishers can package PDF
files such that the icon doesn't work--but I don't see how they could cause
it to disappear entirely. (And I haven't seen that happen.)

-walt crawford-