Netscape -- open automatically after timeout?

Jill Brophy jbrophy at lorainccc.edu
Tue Jan 16 09:27:02 EST 2001

Colleagues,

I am writing to ask for your help in identifying a method that will
prevent users of public PC workstations from exiting Netscape or (even
better for privacy and security reasons) that will automatically open a
new Netscape session after the previous user closes the program.  We
find that many of our patrons close Netscape when they finish their
sessions,  leaving the monitor screen at the Windows desktop (which for
our PCs is just a plain green screen.)  We would like to find a way for
the PC to automatically bring back Netscape after a brief interval and
route it to our Library's home page.  We think this would be more
welcoming and convenient for the next user. Any insights or suggestions
you can offer will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jill Brophy
Lorain County Community College