IE and gifs

stephanie spearman razl00 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 11 15:10:28 EST 2001

I'm sorry I deleted the original messages and don't
remember exactly what the question was--other than IE
was not downloading some gifs. This mentions a 'time'
factor but I don't remember that being mentioned in
the first posting. Anyway, from the JSI
(http://www.jsiinc.com/reghack.htm) site:

"1444 » IE doesn't display all the images on some
pages?
Internet Explorer first downloads the HTML and then
downloads the image files, two at a time. If all the
images have not been displayed at the end of the fixed
5 minute time-out value, the remaining files are not
downloaded. Pressing Refresh does not help, as it
start the download from the beginning.
To work around this feature:

1. View a different page.

2. View the problem page. This causes IE to download
images that are not in the cache.

NOTE: You may have to repeat this process if the page
contains a very large number of images."

Maybe this will help.
Stephanie Spearman
Electronic Services
NW Ga Regional Library System