[WEB4LIB] URls for Child.internet stations

Jerry Kuntz jkuntz at ansernet.rcls.org
Tue Jan 30 12:29:41 EST 2001

The URLs of sites cataloged in KidsClick! are listed on a public page,
http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/~manager/kidslinkcheck.html
All the URLs were linkchecked just within the past couple of weeks.

However, these URLs are just the entry pages of the cataloged sites. If you plan to use this with URL-blocking filters, you need to check the degree to which URLs paths are blocked. For instance, if it blocks only at the domain level, you'd have to open up the entire Geocities or Tridod domains in order to get access to those specific sites.
If if blocks at the document level, other pages in the site will be blocked.
If it blocks at the directory level, you have to hope the the individual sites organized their pages using a strict hierarchy in line with their entry page.