Public Browser from Team Soft

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Wed Jan 17 15:42:12 EST 2001

I downloaded the Public Browser from Team Soft at:
http://teamsoft.webjump.com/

According to its About file, they used Visual Basic to create this "skin"
for IE 5.5.  It works great from my playing around with it and its
configuration file for the last hour or so.  Documentation is bare bones to
non-existent but the INI file is well commented.  Is anyone using this in an
academic library environment?   I have talked to our computer people and
they think it could be implemented via our network onto our public machines
in the library.  Are there any security concerns?  Does it do anything that
can't be done using the policy editor along with user profiles via an NT
network?

Bill Drew ; Associate Librarian, Systems and Reference
SUNY Morrisville College Library
drewwe at morrisville.edu <mailto:drewwe at morrisville.edu>
"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" --
Author Unknown