gifs disappearing in IE5

glen.davies at cce.ac.nz glen.davies at cce.ac.nz
Tue Jan 9 15:43:04 EST 2001

Hi

I am just trying to get IE5 installed on some opac machines
(Compaq Presarios running NT4). It all works fine, except gif
images disappear when you scroll up and down a web page. The
gifs will reappear if you do a refresh, or will sometimes reappear if
you scroll up and down a few times. JPEGs are fine and stay put.

I have tried IE5, 5.5 and 5.5 sp1 and they all have the same
problem. Netscape is ok on the same machines. I have also tried
changing display settings, number of colours, refresh rate etc.
I have IE5.5 on my desktop (Compaq Despro) it works fine, so I
suspect that it may be related to video drivers or something. I can't
find anything in the MS KnowledgeBase.

Has anybody else had this problem and fixed it?

Thanks
Regards
Glen