Setting Default Printers for NT Workstations

Edwards Teresa edwardst at stjohns.edu
Wed Feb 28 08:39:44 EST 2001

To provide students the least confusing print options when they are in the
library, we're looking at setting a default printer for our NT workstations
by using a program (scripting language) on the local drive. If you have
found a way to do this, we would be grateful to know how you did it.

The goal is to set all the workstations on each floor to default to the
printstation on the same floor. It will reduce the frustration of "the case
of the disappearing research." Our IT colleagues are considering various
options but lean towards this one.

With thanks in advance,

Teresa Edwards
Assoc. Dean of University Libraries for Systems
St. John's University
8000 Utopia Parkway
Jamaica, NY 11439
718.990.6066                      Fax: 718.990.2074
edwardst at stjohns.edu